Friday

Happy Holidays!


Its that time of the year again... time to make biscotti! I'm such a sucker for Christmas. I love the madness in the malls, the wild stampedes to the cash register... Not to mention the food.

This year, however, I'm dreaming of a white christmas. Mercury hovers in the 70s, instead of flirting with zero. Suffice to say I'm wearing sunblock. More on the generosity of the travel gods in some other post. 'Tis time to get back to the matter at hand, biscotti.

I've fallen in love with cinnamon hazelnut biscotti. I've made two batches and its really hard to goof-up on this recipe. I had my doubts about the delicious-ness of a baked good that does not include chocolate as an ingredient. However, everybody seems to love it, even die-hard chocoholics such as myself.


The original recipe is here and I wouldn't change a thing. You could get away with fewer nuts. Toasting the hazelnuts enhanced their flavor and is highly reccommended. The texture was perfect. Lightly sweet, the nuttiness of the hazelnuts in perfect contrast against the silky smooth cinnamon-sugar-butter background. This is as good as the Orange-Almond biscotti.


Spread the sweetness - share with friends and loved ones! This one goes to Anna at Morsels and Musings for Festive Food Fair 2007.

13 comments:

Rajitha said...

you love the craziness this time of the yr..good for you smita..i honestly get scared even to venture out for anything..the lines are insane everywhere!!the biscotti ook good..they look like rusks..u know what i mean

Nupur said...

Love the slender and delicate look of those biscotti!

FH said...

Everybody is in a mood these day s atleast until New Year!:D
Biscotti looks good, I made some chocolate and Hazelnut ones. Enjoy.Posted vegetarian dishes this week.I am on break, see you in 2 weeks.Hugs!:)

Preeti said...

I am mighty impressed!

Viji said...

the biscottis are perfect Smita. Viji

Allens Hill Farm said...

Oh my gosh those look delicious, as a die hard coffee drinker I think I'll need to try out this recipe!

Laurie Constantino said...

These look perfect for dunking in tea. Cinnamon and hazelnut sound better to me than chocolate!

Tracy said...

Your biscotti look great. I may have to try those!

TBC said...

Best wishes for a happy and prosperous 2008, Smita.

David said...

Long time no update!!!

DK said...

These biscotti's luk fab. I have been meaning to make some! shud do so soon!

Tracy said...

Hey Smita,
Hope your lack of posting means you're busy doing lots of fun things in the new year.

vimmi said...

Oh the biscotti looks good. didn't know it could be made at home.