Tuesday

Orange Almond Biscotti


Went on a long walk this evening. It was gorgeous - I stopped often and gawked at the skyline, at all the different styles of architecture, rubbing shoulders with each other. Its that time of the day when the sun tinges everything with a golden hue. Perfect and fleeting, its a treat for eyes that have been staring at a screen too long!

Dusk is my favorite time of the day (sigh!) and I came home ready for some chai and a snack :-) Something gorgeous and golden, with delicate yet satisfying flavors...Orange almond biscotti!

Biscotti can be finicky and this recipe has served me well. It is super simple, works great with fresh orange zest. The first time I made this was for my PhD proposal meeting!! I kid you not!! The meeting was a real shot in the arm and the biscotti was a hit!!

The last time I made this, I made mini-biscotti :-) Primarily because slicing biscotti was a hassle (yes, I can be that lazy!). These turned out cute lookin' and are travel size treats!


Links:
Original recipe by Peg available here.

2 comments:

Blogger said...

Wonderful site Smita. lovely recipes. Have jotted down a few. Will try them this weekend.

ServesYouRight said...

Thanks so much! Hope you enjoy them and I look forward to hearing what you think,

Smita